John Velvin Charitable Trust
The Trust has been formed by family and friends of the late John Velvin who suffered from long term chronic kidney disease. It is established to provide support to persons living with chronic kidney disease.
To provide financial and personal support to individuals living with chronic kidney failure. The Trustees will provide support to those who they believe John Velvin would have most wanted to share his experience and advice, providing the individuals with opportunity and reassurance they otherwise would not have access to.
Funding support would typically enable recipients to continue with education, have access to appropriate renal advice, maintain contact with family and friends etc.
However the Trust’s intentions are to provide personal support beyond money. This additional support would be in the form of access to many of our networks including professional colleagues, career development, counselling and the like.
As the Trust beneficiaries increase in number the Trustees will also seek opportunity for beneficiaries to support each other, both through sharing their experiences in sessions where they get together and by just being available for each other.
In making their choice of those living with chronic kidney disease best deserving the Trust’s support, the Trust will look for the following characteristics:
- Being of a character that John would have admired; that is, resilient to the condition, courageous, enduring and most importantly being of a very generous, totally unselfish nature and through all that having a positive outlook.
- Perferably a younger person (<25 years old)
- Not being of sufficently independant financial means, such that the recipient’s lifestyle is badly impeded
- Comes to us with character support of his/her doctor, the renal faternity, his/her close family and friends
- In appropriate circumstances support may be extended immediately around the person with chronic kidney disease so that they may themselves provide a much improved environment to the person with chronic kidney disease
There will be a formal application process including the above.
To apply for a personal development grant from the John Velvin Trust please fill out the online application below: